Monday, December 01, 2008

Honour to Patrick Cecil "Paddy" O'Neil-Dunne on the 100th Anniversary of his birth.

I would be remiss if I did not recognize that today would have been my father's 100th Birthday.

A visionary, some called him a genius. Reviled by some, admired by many, never one to leave you feeling ambivalent, in the more than 20 years since his death, there have been few days when I have not been eternally grateful for his guidance and even some of his bloody mindedness.

As the old joke goes, "when I was 15" said the young man - "I though my father was an idiot." "When I was 25, I was amazed at how much he had learned in 10 years."

So too was I.

So here's to my father, POD. Fighter, inventor, gambler, story teller, man. You are still missed.

2 comments:

Weaver Bird Words said...

I worked for POD in Hong Kong. I was always so glad of that opportunity. He was something else wasn't he!
Gill.

Professor Sabena said...

Gill, please contact me... timothyo@t2impact.com would love to catch up with you. Cheers

Timothy